Sophos SafeGuard File Encryption Advanced
File and folder encryption for network shares
Includes: SafeGuard Encryption for File Shares, Encryption for Cloud Storage,Data Exchange, File Encryption for Mac, Management Center
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Encryption isn’t only for making sure data stays safe from prying eyes outside your business. It’s also useful for enabling secure collaboration and controlling files inside it. SafeGuard File Encryption goes beyond simple folder permissions and guarantees that only the right people can read the right files while still allowing IT to manage files and backups.
- Configure file encryption for shared folders
- Makes sure only certain users or groups are able to access data
- Doesn’t require any interaction from your users
- Provides extra layer of protection if/when corporate servers move to the cloud
Secure your data with strong, transparent encryption
Get industry-certified encryption that's already protecting millions of computers and devices in companies like yours.
- Performs file and folder encryption, encrypting all files inside specified folders.
- Persistent encryption keeps your documents encrypted. Know your data is safe, even if your users move or copy files to other locations or devices, preventing unwanted decryption.
- Uses strong, standardized encryption algorithms that are secure and fast. The algorithms include AES-NI support for hardware-based encryption with latest Intel i5 and i7 processors, making it even faster.
- Allows only authorized users to read encrypted documents.
- Encrypts documents transferred to the servers, so they can't be sniffed on the wire.
Protect sensitive documents
Our file and folder encryption keeps your documents safe.
- Don't rely on file-system-access control. Cryptographic protection cannot be circumvented.
- Protects confidential documents for critical or sensitive company departments. Keep your Intellectual Properties and Personal Identifiable Information safe, as well as HR, finance and management data.
- Enables protection of personal data—such as My Documents or user home directory on network shares—according to privacy laws. Especially on networks with lots of users.
- Central key management allows only authorized users access to protected documents.
- Provides failsafe recovery of encrypted files, even after years on a backup tape.
- Know your company data is protected if your IT infrastructure is outsourced.
Control privileged users
Let system and network administrators manage your IT, without giving them access to sensitive data.
- Separates administrative duties so network administrators can handle files for back up or housekeeping, but don't have access to read or modify documents. Security officers can manage encryption policies, but you can block them from accessing files.
- In the case of a data breach, administrators can prove that they were never able to read the content of leaked files.
- Hierarchical security officer management lets you delegate policy management to authorized security officers.
Save time with central administration
Use our SafeGuard Management Center to install and manage file and folder encryption across your entire network.
- Centrally enforces your encryption policies.
- Provides audit logs and reports for documenting compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Centralizes key management for data recovery and sharing. File Shares uses the same key management as other SafeGuard Enterprise modules.
- You can easily create keys and encryption rules for Active Directory user groups. Manage fluctuation in your work groups easily without needing to re-encrypt confidential documents.
- Uses standard MSI packages for central, unatteNFSd installation.
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit; SP 1, SP 2)
- Windows XP (32 bit; SP 2, SP 3)
- Uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography
- AES.NI hardware support
- Symmetrical encryption: AES 256 bit
- Supported file systems: FAT, NTFS, DFS, CD, DVD
- Supported file servers: Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish Unicode-based support for other languages
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.