Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise - SafeGuard Encryption for File Shares
File and folder encryption for network shares
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Please contact us for a replacement.
Companies store their important data on network file servers because they are centrally managed and backed up. But how are your documents protected so you know the right people are accessing them? With our file and folder encryption, you can limit access to authorized users and enable secure collaboration for your whole organization. Privileged users like IT administrators can still manage files on servers but can't read their content.
- Stores confidential documents securely on file servers and shares them with members of your group
- Controls privileged users and prevents access to confidential documents by IT administrators
- Performs encryption transparently, which lets users work without interruption
- Delivers data security with proven and certified encryption for the best security and performance
Secure your data with strong, transparent encryption
Get industry-certified encryption that's already protecting millions of computers and devices in companies like yours.
- Performs file and folder encryption, encrypting all files inside specified folders.
- Persistent encryption keeps your documents encrypted. Know your data is safe, even if your users move or copy files to other locations or devices, preventing unwanted decryption.
- Uses strong, standardized encryption algorithms that are secure and fast. The algorithms include AES-NI support for hardware-based encryption with latest Intel i5 and i7 processors, making it even faster.
- Allows only authorized users to read encrypted documents.
- Encrypts documents transferred to the servers, so they can't be sniffed on the wire.
Protect sensitive documents
Our file and folder encryption keeps your documents safe.
- Don't rely on file-system-access control. Cryptographic protection cannot be circumvented.
- Protects confidential documents for critical or sensitive company departments. Keep your Intellectual Properties and Personal Identifiable Information safe, as well as HR, finance and management data.
- Enables protection of personal data—such as My Documents or user home directory on network shares—according to privacy laws. Especially on networks with lots of users.
- Central key management allows only authorized users access to protected documents.
- Provides failsafe recovery of encrypted files, even after years on a backup tape.
- Know your company data is protected if your IT infrastructure is outsourced.
Control privileged users
Let system and network administrators manage your IT, without giving them access to sensitive data.
- Separates administrative duties so network administrators can handle files for back up or housekeeping, but don't have access to read or modify documents. Security officers can manage encryption policies, but you can block them from accessing files.
- In the case of a data breach, administrators can prove that they were never able to read the content of leaked files.
- Hierarchical security officer management lets you delegate policy management to authorized security officers.
Save time with central administration
Use our SafeGuard Management Center to install and manage file and folder encryption across your entire network.
- Centrally enforces your encryption policies.
- Provides audit logs and reports for documenting compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Centralizes key management for data recovery and sharing. File Shares uses the same key management as other SafeGuard Enterprise modules.
- You can easily create keys and encryption rules for Active Directory user groups. Manage fluctuation in your work groups easily without needing to re-encrypt confidential documents.
- Uses standard MSI packages for central, unatteNFSd installation.
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit; SP 1, SP 2)
- Windows XP (32 bit; SP 2, SP 3)
- Uses FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography
- AES.NI hardware support
- Symmetrical encryption: AES 256 bit
- Supported file systems: FAT, NTFS, DFS, CD, DVD
- Supported file servers: Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish Unicode-based support for other languages
Download the Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise Data Sheet (PDF).
Download the Sophos Encryption for File Shares Data Sheet (PDF).